The Latest News on the Domino Sugar Constructionby on
In the past year things have been ramping up in the former Domino Sugar Factory. Last fall Two Trees Management purchased the factory proposing a new set of plans for the historic landmarked property. In the last few months, work has begun on asbestos abatement, a pop-up park in the former parking lot has opened to the public and now major demolition and construction is underway. It is expected that ULURP certification, which will begin the process of reviewing the new construction plan, will begin in the coming months.
As part of an effort to keep the community aware of upcoming construction activities, Two Trees Management has set up a new website with bi-weekly construction updates: http://dominosugarconstruction.com
Questions or comments on the construction or project? Contact Two Trees Management at Domino@twotrees-dumbo.com or call at 718-388-7388.
October 7th – 14th Weekly Update:
– The relevant abatement was completed at the site in September.
– Demolition contractors will complete the installation of a high-quality construction noise barrier at the perimeter of the entire site.
– A third party construction monitor/ reporter approved by Department of City Planning is in place to oversee and certify the implementation of the specified environmental mitigation measures.
– The demolition permit for Building 28 at the corner of Kent Ave and Grand Street (Phase 1) has been issued and demolition work commenced the week of September 30.
Building 28 is expected to be demolished by October 7th. In the coming weeks, the debris will be sorted and removed from the site in accordance with our City-approved pre-construction plans.
– A traffic plan showing all proposed alterations to land, street and sidewalk was been submitted and approved by Department of Transportation and Bikes Department.
– The sidewalk, bike lane and street have been redirected according to those approved plans.