CB1 Votes Tonight on Greenpoint Landing & 77 Commercial Streetby on
At tonight’s Brooklyn’s Community Board 1 (CB1) meeting, the executive committee will issue a final vote on the proposed ULURP actions of Greenpoint Landing and 77 Commercial Street. This vote represents the culmination of months of community meetings about these two new developments going up along the Greenpoint waterfront that, in the words of CB1 Chair Chris Olechowski, “will radically change the nature of our community.” The meeting will take place tonight at 6:30pm at the Swinging Sixties Senior Center (211 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211). If you want to speak at the public session, you must sign-up before 6:15pm.
Here is the agenda (PDF) for tonight’s meeting. In order to educate yourself and come informed, we’ve compiled a selection of information ahead of tonight’s meeting:
- Familiarize yourself with the important terms and history of the waterfront rezoning.
- Take a look at the specific proposed actions for Greenpoint Landing and 77 Commercial Street and the Documents and Materials for the ULURP Requests.
- Read the recap and watch the video of the Greenpoint Landing community hearing.
- Read the response of the neighborhood via community testimonies:
- GWAPP/NAG Joint Testimony: Greenpoint Landing
- GWAPP/NAG Joint Testimony: 77 Commercial Street
- Community Testimony #1
- Community Testimony #2
- Community Testimony #3
- If you’re also interested in stopping the towers completely (and not just the ULURP requests), check out Unzoning the Rezoning.