Greenpoint Landing Project to Land on 22 Acres of Waterfrontby on
Have you heard of Greenpoint Landing? Here are a few fast facts:
- Park Tower Group has proposed 10 residential towers on 22 acres of Greenpoint Waterfront.
- The proposed towers would include 4,000 apartments in 30 to 40-story buildings. 20% of which would be used for affordable housing.
- The proposal includes green space: an East River marina, seasonal putting green & ice rink, and pedestrian bridge.
- The development would be located on the northwest side of Greenpoint (along Commercial St and West St.) The Greenpointers link below has a great map of the area.
- Project developers want to break ground by next year.
Here’s a timeline of news reporting on the Greenpoint Landing project.
Nov. 7, 2012: Election Day is the Perfect Time to Protest Greenpoint Landing – Curbed
Nov. 2, 2012: Greenpoint Could Be Getting 10 New Luxury Buildings – Curbed
Nov. 1, 2012: Greenpoint Colossus: Massive 10-Tower Complex Could Rise Next Year – New York Observer
Oct. 12, 2012: Plans for Greenpoint’s 10 Luxury Towers Moving Forward – Curbed
October 12, 2012: Huge Greenpoint Development Underway? – Greenpointers.com
July 20, 2012: Who You Calling Gritty? – New York Times